NEBOSH General Certificate
Distance Learning packages
NEBOSH is the leading health and safety awarding body in the UK. Qualifications from NEBOSH are recognised and respected by employers in both public and private sectors. Upon successful completion of the National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health, you will have a broad knowledge in the management of occupational health and safety and the ability to help foster a safer work environment.
QM&T offer the NEBOSH National General Certificate (NGC) qualification as a distance learning course.
The course allows students to work in their own space, time and pace.
The distance learning study material includes:
- The NEBOSH NGC textbook
- NEBOSH NGC workbook/coursebook
- Tutorial support provided as and when required
NEBOSH recently updated their NGC syllabus. Our course follows the new structure. You will benefit from the structure as it is deemed to be more relevant to current attitudes and legislation.
The syllabus is divided into 3 units (NGC1, NGC2, NGC3). Each of the first two units is further divided into a number of elements.
Unit NGC1- Management of Health & Safety
- Foundations in Health and Safety
- Health and safety management Systems - Policy
- Health and safety management Systems - Organising
- Health and safety management Systems - Planning
- Health and safety management Systems - Measuring, audit and review
Unit NGC2 - Controlling Workplace Hazards
- Workplace hazards and risk control
- Transport hazards and risk control
- Musculoskeletal hazards and risk control
- Work equipment hazards and risk control
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical and biological health hazards and risk control
- Physical and psychological health hazards and risk control
Unit NGC3 - Practical
Health and safety practical application
WHO SHOULD STUDY THIS COURSE?
- People looking for a career change into the health and safety field
- Employees with the responsibility of managing health and safety in the workplace
- Individuals looking for a nationally recognised health and safety qualification to boost their CV
The aims of the NEBOSH Certificate are to:
- Provide students with an understanding of health and safety concepts
- Develop an appreciation of the need for health and safety and its control
- Enhance student's awareness and help make the workplace safer
- Improve productivity and reduce costs
On successful completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify common hazards and risks in the workplace and advise on suitable corrective actions
- Identify sources of guidance and advice on health and safety
- Assist in the preparation and regular review of an organisation's health and safety policy
- Recommend suitable action to minimise risks
- Investigate accidents, prepare reports, make cost effective proposals to prevent recurrence
- Identify the main requirements of legislation and codes of practice
- Maintain records and information to advise management
To register on either of the courses, contact email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
There are no academic prerequisites to joining this course. Students would be required to write short reports and sit 2 written exams and one practical exam.
The examinations are held nationally four times a year (March, June, September and December). Exam dates
NGC1 - A written exam comprised of 10 short answer questions and 1 essay style question
NGC2 - A written exam comprised of 10 short answer questions and 1 essay style question
NCG3 - A practical assessment that is usually carried out at the candidates workplace
Course dates and cost
See Price List for prices and order form